I certainly haven't been sitting idle – in fact I'm not sure I'm very good at doing that – and I'm realising that if this working-from-home thing is going to be permanent, then in the long term, a studio is going to be essential so my apartment doesn't look like a fabric store has exploded in it on a daily basis.
The first project I had to get finished was a cardigan for my sister's birthday. I did knit this on and off during my trip so there wasn't a ton to do when I got back... still, it always takes longer than you think it's going to. I'm not super-happy with the lace-patterned edges on this one. They have a tendency to curl and I think I'll have to look at sewing a strip of grosgrain along the inside bottom to keep it flat. All other details for this project are on my Ravelry page.
here. I figured they'd make great cushion covers and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.
Before showing you this next piece, I went back through the blog so I could remind you about the back story, only to realise that I haven't written a single word about the second part of my residency in Oaxaca! My second three weeks were spent learning how to embroider a traditional Mexican blouse – and it was definitely my favourite part of the residency.
I don't know why I've not written about it... Maybe it was because I got really sick and it was such a feat to get the blouse finished at all... Who knows. Anyway, I did Instagram the progress, so here's a snapshot.
This is my first sample top, which is already fitting much better with some darts, shoulder sloping and a sleeve curve.