Big thanks to Mum for spending these few days sewing with me – we've got through an amazing amount.
Once it was all laid out there were a few squares that weren't quite right because of what they were sitting next to, or a concentration of the same fabric close by, so there was some unpicking and re-sewing to get it right. To be fair, I did spend a bit of the day staring at the quilt as per the pic, making sure all the combinations looked good.
Most of yesterday was spent in fabric shops. We got the wadding, both the backs and the small cream border. I wasn't confident we'd get it all, but we mostly found it all in one shop. Perfect!
There's been much um-ing and ah-ing over the last few days about the back of the doona – the part I was going to get you to do Sandra. I asked Kate how you did hers and she said it was with one piece of fabric, which I think is probably best.
Anyway, we found a fabric that is also by Moda, not the same design, but almost exactly the same colourway and bought it for the back. I think it will be easier all round and there'll be no risk of it coming undone.